The average British employee spends 212 days in an office each year - mostly sitting down. Hours of screen time every day can lead to unhealthy posture at the desk, and in turn, serious muscle tension and back problems. But this can be prevented: with an ergonomic office chair. The ideal chair is simple and practical and even cheap, all at the same time. Most common is a roller stool so you can move around and change your posture during the day with ease.
Opt for an executive office chair that can be adjusted to suit your height and posture. Modern models feature synchronous mechanisms that let you adjust the seat and backrest at the same time. Integrated seat-depth springing ensures that your weight is absorbed when you sit. Office chairs with high backrests up to the shoulder are especially comfortable. A rest that bows outwards provides optimal support for your spine. Whether your office chair should have armrests is simply a matter of taste - but they should be adjustable. Consider the wheels on your office chair: hard castors are better for carpet, and soft castors are better for parquet or laminate flooring.
Adopt the recommended back-friendly posture when sitting on your swivel chair: your legs should be bent to 90 degrees, your thighs should be horizontal and both feet should touch the floor. When you recline, your legs should extend at least two fingers’ width beyond the edge of the seat. You should be able to place your hand’s width between your thighs and the bottom of your desk. Try your new office chair out with a desk: as you sit up in front of your computer, there should be at least 50 centimetres between you and the screen. Can you work comfortably like this? Then you’ve found your new “colleague”!
Delivery and shipping costs within Great Britain:
- Shipping within Great Britainfree of charge!
- We are unable to ship to UK islands including Northern Ireland.
- It is not possible for the buyer to pick goods up directly.
- 3-5 working days (Monday - Friday, not including public holidays)
- If paying by bank transfer, your order will be dispatched once payment has been received
- You will be informed immediately of any delays to your delivery e.g. if an item is not in stock
Goods may be dispatched on the day of ordering:
- If payment is received by 12:00 (Monday - Friday, not including public holidays)
All amounts on this site include VAT.
The stated delivery times only apply to items shown in the online shop as in stock.