Be it a trip to the vet, dog sitter or Dog Park: at some point or another, every dog will have to get into a car. While some animals are enthusiastic passengers, others have a somewhat sceptical reaction. To make sure they’re safe during the trip, you must put your pet in a stable dog cage. It’s the only way to protect your dog from an accident or injury by loose objects if you have to pull an emergency stop.
Ideally, dogs should be familiarised with their transport crates as puppies. Many breeders leave a dog cage out at home or in the garden while the dogs are still puppies, and they use it to play, romp around and sleep in. This lets them get used to transport cages early on, and accept these as a natural part of their environment. But even older animals can get used to transport cages - with plenty of patience and lots of treats!
When choosing a transport crate, the size of your dog is important: the cage should be big enough for your four-legged friend to comfortably lie down, stretch out and sit upright. But the crate shouldn’t be too big either, otherwise your pet could be unnecessarily thrown around during the car journey. High-quality dog crates are made from robust aluminium. If you travel with your dog a lot, e.g. to competitions or exhibitions, a collapsible dog crate could be a good idea. These can be folded up to save storage space, while a built-in fly screen provides protection from annoying visitors. We also have double crates for people with more than one pooch.
Delivery and shipping costs within Great Britain:
- Shipping within Great Britainfree of charge!
- We are unable to ship to UK islands including Northern Ireland.
- It is not possible for the buyer to pick goods up directly.
- 3-5 working days (Monday - Friday, not including public holidays)
- If paying by bank transfer, your order will be dispatched once payment has been received
- You will be informed immediately of any delays to your delivery e.g. if an item is not in stock
Goods may be dispatched on the day of ordering:
- If payment is received by 12:00 (Monday - Friday, not including public holidays)
All amounts on this site include VAT.
The stated delivery times only apply to items shown in the online shop as in stock.