Rattan chairs have taken over our patios, balconies and gardens. Thanks to their timeless look and chic lounge design, they turn outdoor areas into oases of wellness, like open-air living rooms. Whether you opt for just one in your favourite spot under the parasol or several grouped around a table: rattan chairs are so inviting, you’ll be bowled over.
When we talk about rattan garden chairs, almost all are made from poly rattan. This is a synthetic woven material made from polyethylene that is available in flat or round braids. Rattan chairs made from poly rattan stand out due to a range of benefits: they are weatherproof, so can withstand rain, frost and intense sun. The material doesn’t absorb water, so rattan chairs will quickly dry after a summer storm. Thanks to an aluminium frame, rattan chairs are very stable - but the poly rattan weave is usually very soft and comfortable even without a cushion. And finally, garden chairs made from poly rattan are sure to impress with their low-maintenance credentials: dirt can simply be sprayed away with a hosepipe.
Garden furniture made from natural rattan is quite different. Plant fibres from the trunk of the rattan palm are used to make this material, which is very lightweight, brittle and not weatherproof. Still, natural rattan garden furniture has plenty of fans as these pieces are real one-offs, made by hand. Garden seats made from poly rattan use this popular braided look and look almost identical to their natural rattan cousins. And: rattan chairs are made by hand, mostly in traditional weaving areas of South-East Asia.
Delivery and shipping costs within Great Britain:
- Shipping within Great Britainfree of charge!
- We are unable to ship to UK islands including Northern Ireland.
- It is not possible for the buyer to pick goods up directly.
- 3-5 working days (Monday - Friday, not including public holidays)
- If paying by bank transfer, your order will be dispatched once payment has been received
- You will be informed immediately of any delays to your delivery e.g. if an item is not in stock
Goods may be dispatched on the day of ordering:
- If payment is received by 12:00 (Monday - Friday, not including public holidays)
All amounts on this site include VAT.
The stated delivery times only apply to items shown in the online shop as in stock.