For many people, the bed is the best place in the whole home: it’s where you cuddle up, eat breakfast, read and, of course, sleep. For sweet dreams, you don’t just need a suitable mattress, but also a stable bed frame. We recommend a frame of at least 25 millimetres in thickness and with a slatted base depending on your choice of mattress. Whether you’re looking for a wooden frame, metal frame or upholstered bed depends solely on your personal taste; the desired quality and whether you aim for a modern, artistic or retro look for your bedroom.
Large beds more than 140 cm wide should have a centre strut to ensure that the mattress and slats don’t sag in the middle. The standard height for a bed is 40 to 50 centimetres, but you can also find extra comfort beds at 60 cm high. These also make it easier for older people to get out of bed.
Delivery and shipping costs within Great Britain:
- Shipping within Great Britainfree of charge!
- We are unable to ship to UK islands including Northern Ireland.
- It is not possible for the buyer to pick goods up directly.
- 3-5 working days (Monday - Friday, not including public holidays)
- If paying by bank transfer, your order will be dispatched once payment has been received
- You will be informed immediately of any delays to your delivery e.g. if an item is not in stock
Goods may be dispatched on the day of ordering:
- If payment is received by 12:00 (Monday - Friday, not including public holidays)
All amounts on this site include VAT.
The stated delivery times only apply to items shown in the online shop as in stock.