Enjoy the summer and relax in a gently swaying hammock or a comfortable, freely swinging, hanging chair. Did you know? Originally, hammocks were made from woven bark and sisal. Today, they’re made with various woven textiles and plastic in a range of colours.
Traditional hammocks are made from woven cotton fibres. These mesh hammocks don’t tangle, are extremely stable and breathable, and adapt to the shape of your body. Cloth hammocks are made from solid textiles. They provide more comfort and better heat insulation. That’s why these hammocks are especially popular in cooler areas. Cloth hammocks can come with or without bars: these keep the fabric area straight, making your hammock the perfect sun lounger. In general: high-quality hammocks are lightweight, washable and mould-resistant. Generous double hammocks have space for two, making them perfect for cuddling up. A built-in roof over the hammock protects you from strong sunshine and the occasional raindrop.
Hammocks are generally hung at two points by mounting straps. You can hang them to trees, stable balconies or special wall mounts. So even if you don’t have any suitable trees in your garden, you don’t have to go without a relaxing hammock outside. You can also find practical frames to hang hammocks on. Choose from hammock frames secured to the ground with ropes and tent pegs or a U-shaped ground frame. By the way: the ideal hanging height is half the distance between the two securing points. The hammock should hang relatively deeply, so you can comfortably relax in it. This is especially the case for hammocks without supporting bars.
Delivery and shipping costs within Great Britain:
- Shipping within Great Britainfree of charge!
- We are unable to ship to UK islands including Northern Ireland.
- It is not possible for the buyer to pick goods up directly.
- 3-5 working days (Monday - Friday, not including public holidays)
- If paying by bank transfer, your order will be dispatched once payment has been received
- You will be informed immediately of any delays to your delivery e.g. if an item is not in stock
Goods may be dispatched on the day of ordering:
- If payment is received by 12:00 (Monday - Friday, not including public holidays)
All amounts on this site include VAT.
The stated delivery times only apply to items shown in the online shop as in stock.