There are no products matching this selection.
Voltage converters are also called inverters. They are technical devices that turn direct current into alternating current. Inverters are used wherever alternating current is needed but only direct current is available, e.g. in the form of a car battery. In order to safely use electric devices such as TVs, laptops or coffee machines on the road, you’ll need an inverter that will convert 12V or 24V direct current into 230V alternating current - e.g. in a camper van, motor home, allotment or boat.
When choosing an inverter, you should consider the constant power output: this is the performance that the inverter can achieve during a set time period. Inverters can only achieve top output for a short term, otherwise the device may overheat. Top performance may be needed to get older devices or motor-powered devices working, for instance. The higher the inverter’s efficiency, the less stress on the direct current battery. Good voltage converters are around 80 to 95 percent efficient. To create 100 W of alternating current, a voltage converter needs 105 to 125 W of direct current.
If you have an eco-friendly solar power system, you’ll need an inverter to convert the direct current from the solar module into alternating current. This is then fed into the public power grid. The inverter is also responsible for monitoring and managing the solar system as a whole. It ensures that the solar module works to the best of its ability, monitoring the electricity grid so that all safety criteria are upheld.
Delivery and shipping costs within Great Britain:
- Shipping within Great Britainfree of charge!
- We are unable to ship to UK islands including Northern Ireland.
- It is not possible for the buyer to pick goods up directly.
- 3-5 working days (Monday - Friday, not including public holidays)
- If paying by bank transfer, your order will be dispatched once payment has been received
- You will be informed immediately of any delays to your delivery e.g. if an item is not in stock
Goods may be dispatched on the day of ordering:
- If payment is received by 12:00 (Monday - Friday, not including public holidays)
All amounts on this site include VAT.
The stated delivery times only apply to items shown in the online shop as in stock.